Friday, March 13, 2015

Stitch Fix No. 1

I have a couple facebook friends using Stitch Fix and it looked very interesting. Since I have had less and less time lately to enjoy shopping, I decided to give Stitch Fix a try.

Stitch Fix is a subscription box of clothing and accessories delivered monthly (more or less if you wish). Your personal Stitch Fix stylist will choose five items unique to your style and budget for your FIX. These items may include shirts, sweaters, pants, skirts, dresses, outerwear and accessories. Before your Stitch Fix stylist picks out your items, they will review the style survey you fill out on Stitch Fix and also view the Pinterest board you create for Stitch Fix with looks you love. Once you receive your “FIX”, you have 3 days to try on your items and decide what you will keep and what you will return to Stitch Fix. There is a $20 styling fee for each box shipped from Stitch Fix, which is applied to any items purchased. If you purchase all five items, you receive 25% off the total. Stitch Fix offers free shipping both ways. Also, new to Stitch Fix are petite and maternity sizes! If you are interesting in trying Stitch Fix for yourself, you can sign up here.

Here's What was in My First Fix

Stitch Fix Package
Stitch Fix bundle
Bay to Baubles Ami Teardrop Tassel Necklace: $28
Stitch Fix Accessories
Stitch Fix Necklace
I liked the style of this piece but not the color combination. I would not pay this much for this particular necklace unless I needed it for a specific occasion. I am Returning this one.

Just USA Morrie Boyfriend Denim Jacket: $58
Stitch Fix Denim
Stitch Fix Jacket
I asked Stitch Fix to send a denim jacket in my fix. I was not too thrilled about the boyfriend style when I first opened the box. But after I tried it on, I loved the jacket. I have long arms and have a hard time getting the right fit around my waist as well as the arm length. It was a tad big around the waist, but the arms fit! I am Keeping this one.

 RD Style Novalli Split Back Tank: $48 
Stitch Fix tank
Stitch Fix Split Back
Stitch Fix Top
Stitch Fix
 This shirt has an interesting cut in the back, but the front is very plain. I do like grey, but I did not like this shade of grey with my skin color. I would have loved for this top to be in a spring color. I am Returning this piece.
Papermoon Remmie Maxi Skirt: $58

Stitch Fix Maxi
Stitch Fix skirt
A maxi skirt was also an item I asked Stitch Fix to send. I liked the style of this skirt. It has nice a waist band and the length is perfect. I do not like the pattern at all and the colors are too dark for spring. Also, wherever the material stretched, it became lighter, which I didn't like. I am Returning this item. 

Pixley Laural Geo Print Maxi Dress: $78

Stitch Fix Maxi
Stitch Fix Dress
I also asked Stitch Fix for a maxi dress. I really liked the style and material of the dress. I did not really care for the geometric pattern. The colors were nice. Although it was navy blue, the white balanced it out and gave an overall lighter color. I definitely did not like the price of this one. I am Returning the dress. 

Even though I only decided to keep one thing, I am very excited to get next month's FIX. I hope my stylist listens to my feedback and really comes through. And the surprise alone is so much fun!
If you have any questions about how Stitch Fix works or my experience so far, feel free to ask! And if you are interested in trying Stitch Fix for yourself, sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment